XOXO/ Scrapbook Layout

Hello scrappy ladies! Today's scrapbook layout features a fun cut file from The Cut Shoppe on Etsy, called X to the O.  I cut it our on American Crafts white textured card stock because I was not sure initially if I was going to add mix media to my layout or not.  This is all paper crafts for today.  I added splatters to the layout but that is all.  I am scrapping two lovely pictures of my sister playing tennis with  my parents.  Never ever did I think I would see the day but as an adult she ventured out with my tennis playing parents.  I printed them in black and white to not compete with the colorful background.

I backed the open Xs and Os with patterned paper from the Crate Paper Hello Love collection as well as Bella Blvd Valentina collection.  These were featured in the Clique Kits Valentine's limited edition kit.  I kept the colors to the lovely pinks, soft reds and corals.  I decided on this beautiful pink ombre paper to mat the cut file on, 'See you soon' from Bella Blvd.  When it came time to embellish, I needed to have the contrast of black to really stand out and pop off the page.  

The black arrow paperclip is from the Target dollar spot and the black tiny word stickers are from the Valentina Tiny Treasures sticker sheet.  I loved adding this 3D crepe paper embellishment from Crate Paper Hello Love collection that I received from The Ink Road
The "XOXO" wood veneer from the same collection is heat embossed with black and the "heart" outline black ink was applied to stand out as well.  
To add more contrast to the layout I added black tangled thread to the opposite corners.  The banner, resin heart and floral sticker are all from the Hello Love collection as well.  I did some light journaling at the bottom of the layout and completed the layout with black ink splatters on top.  The black elements really popped on this layout.  

Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment