This is Us// Spiegelmom Scraps Blog Hop



Hello everyone and welcome to our Sparklers Unit blog hop! The Sparklers are split into two teams; The Blog Squad and the YouTube Squad. Each month we come together to hang out here and bring you some great tips, technique and inspiration! For this hop, you should have arrived here from my favorite girl, Katty.  I love my IRL scrappy friends style in her layouts.  We are all apart of the SpiegelMom Scraps Design Team.

For is this bold and colorful layout I started out with a hexagon shaped punch and used white card stock to my first element of the page.  I then used a palette knife and scrapped on two tones of blues and two magenta tones in a random manner onto all the hexagons.  Once dried I applied the gorgeous sequin mix, Raspberry Daisy Dream, in similar colors to the hexagons with clear Tacky glue.

I first had them arranged on white card stock to begin my layout but thought it was too much white.  I also knew I did not want to add color to the background because I would loose the pop they already were.  So, I took out the Tim Holtz black and white printed tissue paper and adhered it down with gel medium.  Once dried I could add my hexagons and my lovely photo of me and my Doxie, Zoe.

I did not want to add to any other elements to the page so I simply chose my title from a  pack of thicker called Story.  This is Us worked well for this simple picture of me and Zoe together.  I did some light journaling and that completed this layout.

Thank you for spending your time with us today! I'd love for you be in the running for the $10.00 shop credit, so be sure to leave comments on all the blogs to be entered! You have through August 4th to comment and enter. Sharing on social media will also earn you an extra entry. Just leave another comment letting us know where you shared the blog hop event.
Now, you'll be heading over to Felicia blog. Enjoy the rest of the hop!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment