Sun Kissed// Scrap Your Heart Out YT Hop

I am so excited to celebrate National Scrapbook Day today.  I am participating in two YouTube hops this weekend.  This layout is inspired by the lovely Wilna, yet again.  I recently purchased Wilna's latest collection for May, with these gorgeous florals and butterfly illustrations.  My doxie, Zoe, recently turned 10 years old and I make a new floral collar every year to mark her birthday.  This year was huge yellow flowers.  The photo along with the floral die cut were perfect for a layout.  
I gessoed my white card stock and added a light wash of yellow watercolors to half the page.  The other half of the page I added a pastel green gelato named Kiwi.  With a little water the two colors blended in the middle.  I used my Cameo and a design from Silhouette design store, for the large white die cut flowers that I backed the printable with.  I wanted the contrast from the background.  
Once the large die pieces were attached with hot glue.  I found a few fabric florals from Prima with the same colors used in the layout.  The floral were also attached with some hot glue and an enamel dot in the center.  I added more color to the layout with the use of a butterfly from Wilna's collection as well.  I backed if with a white card stock butterfly and attached the smaller dot of hot glue in the center and bent up the wings for a 3D look.  
I finished off the layout with some ink splatters, Squeezed Orange from Dylusions and Genesis Green from Daler and Rowney.  My 36 pan watercolor set was used to add the addition pops of color hash marks around my embellishments.  The title is from a thicker pack from the Poolside collection from Crate Paper.  I finished the layout with journaling on the photo with a Zig Vellum writer.  I have my process video down below to watch it all come together.  

Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment