December Daily 2019: Days 1-14


Hello my lovely scrappy ladies.  I am super excited to have another completed December Daily mini album for my collection.  This is my 5th year doing this amazing project and I am so happy that I made the time to document our holiday memories.  Valentina is now 2 years old and working full time is exhausting, but I tried to do as many holiday activities I could share with her the magic of Christmas.  A lot of family also flew into town for the holidays so it was super special for her to hang and play with all her cousins.  


Instead of a classic photo of my tree in front of distracting furniture in the background, I decided to take photos of different ornaments and ribbons that were on my branches this year.  I then did a repeating hexagon pattern with patterned paper.


Day 2 was the story of Valentina's love for coloring books. She woke this day and her first thought was, 'mommy, I want to color.'  So I used supplies from Elle's Studio Document December kit.


Day 3, we went to visit the Sandi Christmas Tree in West Palm Beach.  This is Christmas Florida style for sure.  All products used were from Elle's Studio DD kit.


To compliment the Elle's Studio DD kit I added the My Minds Eye, Holly Jolly collection.  The colors of red, pink, mint and green worked perfectly together.  For Day 4, it was a #Momlife moment on an interactive page.  Frozen is on re run in my house, Zoe, my doxie, is always waiting for food to fall from Valentina and I purchased a new kitchen set for her that day.  She loves playing with her new kitchen set.





For the 5th story of my album, I made a pocket page and made three large tags.  Two were photos and one held my journaling.  Today's story is about having wonderful grandma moments.  Valentina adorns both her grandmas and I captured a great moment in front of this large christmas tree in town. For story 6,  its 6 of my favorite things.  Each envelope was constructed using the WRMK envelop board and I tucked in small photos with journaling on the back.


Story 7 is about a fun neighborhood holiday event where we got to take pictures with Santa and fun crafts.  It was a super fun event that I will look for again next year.  Valentina made a ginger bread girl and ate candy canes.  A fun holiday memory for the books.


Day 8, I cut a wreath cut file twice, once on glittered card stock and the other on a green wood grain paper and constructed the wreath on gold metallic paper.  I love this page so much.  It is beautiful in my album.


For this story, I journaled about how much Valentina loves the park.  She is discovering the world around her one day at a time.  I took the time to journal about her perspective.  It includes more photos on the inside of the right side, it flips out.


Story 9 was meeting Santa again, which did not go well.  She never truly cried but she was completely untrusting in all the photos.  I am crossing my fingers that next year she may enjoy meeting him.  Supplies for the pockets are from Elle's Studio and the Santa paper on the right is from the Holly Jolly collection from My Minds Eye.





Story 10, is about 10 funny things Valentina says.  She's learning new words everyday and its adorable to hear her talk.  The photo was a day her and I had together because the sitter called out.  A festive Christmas tree was in town so we went and visited.


Day 11 and 12 were kept simple, a few embellishments from Elle's Studio and photos of the office and my sister.


Day 13, my most favorite tradition, matching Christmas jammies.  I love matching my sister every year.  Last year my mom joined in.  This year we had each other plus Valentina.  Red and white striped pants and Santa Tees.  Valentina had a candy cane set.  The photos were so cute and we had so many to choose from.




 Day 14 we went to Candytopia down in Miami.  It is a traveling Candy museum and it was the coolest thing to go to with my sister in town.  Every room visited had 4 or more photo opportunities with photos and props all made from candy.  It was so hard to choose the 12 photos that went in this insert.  I love how my December Daily album is turning out.  I love the colors and the stories I am documenting.

Here is a video flip through for your viewing pleasure.


0 comments:

Post a Comment