Smile// 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

Hello scrappy friends!  I have joined the some of my fellow YT creators in a series called "For the Love of Homemade Kits".  This series challenges us to make a kit using supplies from our stash following a recipe each month.  Each Monday, we will provide a layout using the kits we have made for the month.  I thought this was a wonderful idea to really make a dent in my extensive stash collection.  I shall link my kit video and the process video for this layout down below.  


For this layout, I started off with a lovely whimsical heart cut file.  I did the offset cut in one of the floral papers from my kit that used purple tones.


I used gel medium to add areas of gold glitter to my cut files in different random areas.  I also added iridescent glitter glue to other random areas of the white cut file.  I love the look this gave the cut files while it lays on top of the offset.


For the background paper, I used the white brick patterned paper from an old Maggie Holmes collection.  Its a cream color and it really let the cut files shine on top.  Now I didn't originally choose purple embellishments, so I still stash dived to find a pack of purple flowers from HL that were in my craft room.  


For my title I choose 'Smile' from a thicker collection and then picked and choose purple pieces of embellishments from the packs I choose for my homemade kit.


I was able to use one of the flair buttons on this layout too.  I had three corners of embellishment clusters for your eyes to travel around the page with ease.


The photo I am scrapping is of Valentina and I during our photo shoot for Mothers Day.  It was an adorable moment captured between the poses where I was in a deep laugh and Valentina was too. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment