Summer Here We Go// The Crafty Maven DT



Hello Scrappy peeps!! Wilna Furstenburg is always an inspiration for me.  Her work is gorgeous.  This layout I was channeling my inner Wilna.  I am on The Crafty Maven Getaway with Free Flow Wednesday.  I painted the blue background is inexpensive acrylic paints and water to blend.


I have so many floral stencils in my stash and I used it with Heidi Swapp's metallic texture paste in Mint through it.  This paste had to dry for some time before I could continue.



The hibiscus flower die cuts are from the Silhouette Design store and I misted them with Cracked Pistachio from Distress Stains and Fresh Lime from Dylusions on the leaves.  I used Squeezed Orange and Tangerine Dream from Dylusion for the floral portion.  The florals were adhered with hot glue to assure contact to my mixed media background.



My title is from two collections; 'Summer' is from the Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness collection while the 'Here we go' is from Amy Tangerines Finders Keepers collection.  The white of the letters pops against the bold blue background.  My process video is below for your viewing pleasure.


0 comments:

Post a Comment