Guest Designer for Cocoa Daisy May 2018 Kits


Good day my memory keeping friends!  My name is Evi and I am the guest designer for the month of May for Cocoa Daisy memory keeping kits.  I fell in love with the floral patterned paper from the collection called Good Times and took the time to cut out these red florals individually.  I find fussy cutting to be a calming activity to do.  I cut about half the sheet up and I have half to use later.


I then start off with white card stock and use a Prima stencil called Foliage with Golden light modeling paste.  I leave the modeling paste white because I did not want to take away from the red florals.  It adds interest and texture to the background.  


I used Scotch Tacky glue to adhere the flowers down in a cluster around the top right corner around the photo.  I use fun foam to add some dimension to a few of the flowers and my photo.  The kit includes a 3x4 stamp set and i use the foliage stamp with black archival ink to add some contrast to the background.  For an added detail I also stamp the tiny doodled triple heart randomly in the background as well.  Love these little details in my layouts. 


The photo is of my daughter and I wearing matching mommy and me headbands I made.  Valentina is almost 6 months old and I have tons of photos to scrap.  I am learning to adjust to mom life and realize I do not always have time to scrap.  



I also use a few of the die cuts from the kit to add an embellishment cluster below and above the photo. The Cocoa Daisy also includes exclusive black phrase die cuts and I use one saying, 'Our Life in Photos' as my title for this layout.  


Summer Wishes is a beautiful whimsical colorful collection and I enjoyed using it for this layout.  I filmed a process video and it is posted on my YouTube channel.  Stay tuned for a few more projects from me.   


Here is my process video for your viewing pleasure.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment