Happy Day// 12x12 Scrapbook Layout


Hello my scrapping ladies! I completed this gorgeous layout with a photo of Miguel and Valentina last year at Easter.  Time sure does fly by.


I started out with a large butterfly cut file from Paige Evans cut from light purple card stock.  I backed the cut file with patterned paper from the Jane Davenport paper collection, available at Michaels.  The paper already has mixed media markings and coloring so it worked perfectly for being backed for this cut file. 


I had white card stock butterfly cut out already sitting on my desk from a layout I never did.  So, I decided to have them work as the embellishment for this layout by using some purple toned spray in my collection. I love the extra splatter marks and mixed media areas it added to this layout.


For added embellishments, I used butterfly epoxy flair from Scrappin Happy Studio.  I love this less dimensional flairs to my layout.  It does not add a lot of bulk to my layouts.




My photo is triple matted.  One pink glitter frame from Maggie Holmes, one card stock frame with tones of purple and a ruffled purple ribbon for the third layer.  The ribbon ruffle is my favorite element on this layout.  The ribbon just happen to be sitting on my craft desk and it worked perfectly when I was working on this layout.  It was serendipity.  

Here is my process video if you'd like to watch.  Thank you for stopping by.



0 comments:

Post a Comment