December Daily: Supplies



Its is my first time doing December Daily and I have hardly any Christmas themed items in my stash.  It has usually not been my style of scrapbooking.  The concept of December Daily is perfect to do year after year.  Its a tradition I hope I will love to continue even when I have children.  Ali Edwards was the creator or this project, she offers classes and kits to make your album cohesive.  For my first year, I decided to put together my own kit with items I enjoyed.  I did a online shopping as well as craft stores.  I did plenty of research with YouTube to become inspired.    I decided to keep my album very classic and traditional.  I do not do "cutesy" scrapbooking.  I do not want cartoon like santas, elves or snowmen on my layouts.  It is simply not my style. 

I started out with the Heidi Swapp collection "Oh What Fun" 12x12 paper pad, die cuts, stickers and wood veneer purchased on Blitsy.com.  I then loved the My Minds Eye "Cozy Christmas" and "Market Street" ephemera packs and loved the number tags in the set.  I decided to keep traditional Christmas colors of green, red, black, white, kraft and gold accents.  It is the easiest colors to buy an abundance of.   I fell in love with the American Crafts "Deck the Halls" collection and decided on the Project Life value kit which I picked up on allscrapbooksteals.com.  Also from this website were a handful of 12x12 papers from My minds eye, Carta Bella, American Crafts.  I live close to a Michael's and Hobby Lobby, so a few items were also picked up like 6x6 paper pads, stickers, brads and alphas have been collected from these large craft box stores.  I signed up to take the Gossamer Blue December Daily Class this year and I received a 6x8 clear stamp set.  

My organization is on a white acrylic serving tray from Target and a few small bowls.  I tried to fit all my supplies into a plastic Iris 12x12 box that I am sure many are familiar with but it simply did not fit.  I will leave the tray on the side of my craft table that way it is always out and available for me to work with.  It has compartments so that I can see all my supplies and not hide anything.  




The added details to my kit include ribbons, glitter, stamps, dollies, washi tape, red embossing powder and twine from my stash.  This will be my first year participating with this project and I cannot wait to see the outcome.  I feel prepared and organized for this project.  There is a detailed video on my YouTube Channel for your viewing pleasure.  
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment