Cherish// SpiegelMom Scraps DT



Hello creative friends!  I absolutely love the end result of this layout.  It is one of my favorites.  My initial idea was to simply bling some die cut butterflies, but the end result is beyond impressive.  I started off with butterflies from the Silhouette Design store using my Cameo.  I used Shimmerz mists, in Sweet Heart, Cotton Candy and Jenni B Bleu, to color them first.

 The pink butterflies I adhered the Pinky Pie Pinks sequins and Wedding Bells on the blue colored butterflies.  I had to set these aside to dry while I worked on my next step.


I thoughts I would play with a new collection from Maggie Holmes or Paige Evans but I was not in love with them and my butterflies.  I decided to cut another cut file 12x12 floral lace background.  Initially I thought i was going to do some mixed media with it and suddenly as I laid it on my white card stock, I fell in love.  White on white it shall stay.  


The photo I am scrapping is of my beautiful aunt and uncle the night they renewed their vows.  My in laws are Mexican and we love to keep all the traditions so the sombrero was a nice representation.  I layered a white and gold dollie from the shop behind my photo and used a tag to include my journalling.  My title "Cherish" is from the Fancy Free collection.  


I gathered all the butterflies in a diagonal arrangement as if in flight.  I love this layout.  Process video is below for your viewing pleasure.




0 comments:

Post a Comment