Summer Fun


Good day scrapbooking friends! I have another fun and summery layout featuring the Summer Fun collection from Echo Park that is included in the July 2018 ScrapbookingStore.com kit.  The cut file is called Butterfly Background found at the Silhouette Design Studio website.  


The cut file was done on plain white card stock and I backed most of the butterflies with patterned paper from the collection.  I left a few open because I knew I wanted to had a wash of color in the background.


The white card stock was gessoed before I added Distress Oxides Inks in Worn Lipsticks, Picked Rhasberry, and Fossil Amber.  I then applied water and the colors ran together and blended like watercolors.  


I love the effect of the backed cut file now on the mixed media background.  It can seem a bit busy but I love this look for my scrapbook layouts.  


The few clusters of stickers are included in the Echo Park collection and obviously match perfectly to the layout.  I used the last word "Summer" for part of the title and used an Amy Tangerine ombre phrase thicker for the other part of my title.  


The photos are of Valentina and her first BookRoo subscription book box.  You can choose from Board Books, Picture and Chapter book boxes.  Use code TAINA557 for 50% off your first book box.  Each book is individually wrapped and its something your children can look forward to each month.  I love reading to Valentina in my lap in my glider.  Very special moment all the time.  


My process video for your viewing pleasure.


0 comments:

Post a Comment