Sunny Summer // Scrapbookingstore.com July 2018 Kit


Good afternoon my scrappy friends!  I am the guest designer for the Scrapbookingstore.com for the month of July.  They are a monthly scrapbooking subscription kit for $14 a month and you get a variety of products to create with.  This months kit features the Echo Park Summer Fun collection along with PL cards from Studio Calico and chipboard pieces from American Crafts.  


The colors in this collection are very bright, colorful and perfect for documenting those summer photos from the beach and pool.  A great idea to feature multiple patterned papers from a collection is to make large title.  What better title for this collection and layout than 'Summer'.


Each letter was cut out of a different patterned paper for this lovely effect.  I decided on this soft washed grey wood grain patterned paper for my background.  I did not want to add mixed media to this layout, because it was coming together beautifully without it.


I then added a few stickers from the provided sheet and matted my photos.  I added fun foam behind one to elevate it from the page.  The chipboard pieces from American crafts worked as accent pieces for this layout as well.


My final touch to make my layout really pop, was adding Nuvo crystal drops around each letter.  The colors used were Caribbean Ocean, Carnation Pink and Rhubarb Crumble for a dimensional element to my layout.  I love the Nuvo drops all around the letters.  I will have to remember this technique and use it again in the future.


Here is my process video for your viewing pleasure.


1 comment:

  1. Love your layout!! So bright and cheerful!! How big did you cut your letters?

    ReplyDelete