Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Smile Together

My trip to NYC with my mom to see my sister was an amazing time.  For the first time, we did not end up bickering or fighting as we usually would.  I guess my sister and I are finally growing up and accepting of each other.  This was a picture taken with the help of the selfie stick at dinner our first night together.  I have used the Dear Lizzy Documentary Collection to scrap my NY trip.  This collection has been so wonderful to work with.  I started out with white card stock and cut Ever Ever on a diagonal for the corners of this layout.  
I proceeded to add strips of paper from the collection's 6x6 paper pad.  I added three layers to the edge of the corners to add more texture and interest to the layout.  I wanted to soften the edges by doing this.  I added inexpensive white acrylic paint on top of the layers to tone down some of the bright colors.  
White gesso was applied to the center so that I could do the "packaging technique" and add some mixed media with some Faber Castell gelatos from the Tropical four pack.  I used Snow Cone and Margarita gelato are added directly to the plastic packaging and mist water over top, it liquifies the waxy gelatos so that they can give a watercolor effect on the layout.   I also added a pink and red tone gelato for added color to the space.
The birdhouse sticker and the die are all from the same collection  I added some puffy stickers from the Craft Market Collection by Crate paper that I had in my stash.  The gold alpha are called Bliss and the "together" are phrase thicker from the collection as well.  
The photos were matted on mixed media paper from my Canson art book that I previously played with watercolors.  The colors worked perfectly of this layout and I loved the notebook edged paper it added.  I loved the look of that notebook frayed edge so much I purchased a punch to re-create it for future layouts.  I have provided the process video for your viewing please.  Thank you for stopping by. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment