Washi Tape Challenge// Clique Kit DT


Hello Scrappy Friends! Its been an interesting day for me here in South Florida and having Hurricane Irma approaching soon.  We left yesterday to the west coast to avoid the direct hit to the east coast that was initially predicted and then the storm shifter course.  And now, it is approaching the west coast, so we left the west coast and drove back home to the east coast.  What an interesting 24 hours.  I'm 28 pregnant and we are just trying to keep my anxiety down and calm.  

The challenge for this month is to use washi tape in a creative way.  I am using the washi tape that is featured in this months Sundance September kit.  Its a red and black buffalo plaid.  


I have recreated this sort of layout in the past with the branding stripes of patterned papers.  So I used different thicknesses of the washi tape on a diagonal to create a plaid design.  


I then used a cut file  for the circle background using the backside of the cut part patterned paper.  I love the contrast of the red and black with the hunter green color.  These are not normal colors I would use, so i wanted to make sure I used a cute photo of my boy Doxie to go with the masculine color scheme.  


I then started selecting items in different containers on my desk.  Older pieces from different collections that simply worked with the layout.  


The 'Awesome' part of my title are the puffy stickers from the Fancy Pants Dream Big collection that is also included her in this months kit.  The kraft alphas are from my stash as well.  Please play along on The Clique FB group with your use of washi tape so that we can inspire one another.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment