BeYouTiful: Art Journey

Hello crafty friends!  I recently spent one of my weekend days off completely inspired and crafted all day.  Previous to this art journal page I had completed 4 mixed media layouts and caught up with  my project life.  However, my creative juices were still flowing strong, so I embraced it and took out my Dylusion art journal and created this colorful and bright page in no time at all.  Don't you just love when you creativity is on fire like that.  I definitely enjoyed the day because of it.  
To start I did prime both pages with white gesso and let it dry.  I then used the Tim Holtz Ideology Tissue roll in Melange and applied it to both pages with gel medium.  
Each step in this process did need some drying time.  When adding color, learn from my mistakes, put paper towel down or something to absorb the excess drippings.  I did not do this and my desk was a mess for a moment.  I used my Dylusion Ink Sprays in Postbox red, Squeezed Orange, Lemon Zest, Fresh Lime, London Blue and Crushed Grape.  I saturated the top of the page and let each one drip down with gravity for this effect.  Each on was done separately.  I would advice taking your time and not rushing in order to control the mess that may occur.  
Let this portion dry as well.  Next, I fuzzy cut out this gorgeous image of all these celebrities and their dress that were arranged in this ROY G BIV collection and it was a two page spread. It was the base inspiration for the layout.  After fussy cutting it out I used the same gel medium to adhere the image to this layout.  
For some creatives, once the collage is added, you could call the page done. But for me, I still need to add to it.  So in order to blend the edge of the image into the background I added stamping of music notes and numbers along the edges.  I was random with my placement and did not care if it was over faces or on the dress.  I just stamped and stamped with black Staz-on ink.  
I then proceeded to add stenciling with white modeling paste in random locations too.  The titile " Be You Tiful" is a new stencil to my collection from Fabre Castell and it made the page have purpose.  Love it.  

I added my process video below for your viewing pleasure.  

EVI

0 comments:

Post a Comment