Cheeky//Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout

I think I out did myself with this layout.  I do not know how the idea came to me.  I do not know if I saw it once before.  It just came to be.  And best part, I scrapped photos of my best friend and her beautiful baby girl and I will be mailing it to her to grace her walls.  Proud moment for me.  This layout has plenty of layers to it and I will try to explain as best as I can, but I will link a process video down below for you to see it come together.  I started out with white textured card stock from American crafts and used a Heidi Swapp stencil with repeating hearts.  This was done with light pink craft acrylic paint.
I then used the Hello Love collection patterned paper and my Cameo to cut the heart die cut with the words 'love' circling around it.  It was a free cut file offered during a blog hop not to long ago.  The paper had a lovely pink ombre effect to it.  Then I used a speciality acetate sheet from Teresa Collins with those light blush colored polka dots on it.  
Normal scrapbookers would have maybe stopped there, but oh no, not me.  I proceeded to grab another Heidi Swapp Stencil from my collection with these larger elongated hearts to layer onto of the acetate.  I mixed regular modeling paste with gold acrylic paint and scrapped it through the stencil.  To take it even a level further, I sprinkled loose gold glitter on top of the wet gold colored modeling paste and the results are amazing.  I cannot believe how stunning the gold hearts look on it. 
 So I layered all these elements together for a wonderful effect.  The "cheeky" is a watercolor word from Heidi swap and the little tags are from the exclusive XOXO kit from Clique Kits, doilies from my stash and Tim Holtz tiny phrases.  The embellishments were adhered using glossy accents.  I am so proud of the results. Please view the video below on how it all came together.  
Thank you, Evi



0 comments:

Post a Comment