Best Day Ever/ Mixed Media Layout


Hello lovely ladies!! Thank you for stopping by for today's layout.  I have recently highlighted my hair to have purple ombre to blue.  I have wanted to do this to my hair for over a year but have been so scared to get it done.  Mostly because I am a young professional and it may not be very professional to have oddly colored hair.  But my cousin did my hair and she managed to do it perfectly.  Noticeable but not in your face, and I am comfortable with it at work.  I think its the true artist in me that loves the individualism it provides me.  I can't explain enough how much I love my hair right now and will maintain it for awhile.  And the glorious part too, if I do not like the color combo later, I can change it to pink and purple or something.  Just saying...
So back to the layout... I did a few loose painterly strokes with craft acrylic paints in colors that match my hair.  I had too.   I also added black ink splatters once those were dry.  The background paper is from Maggie Holmes Shine collection called Radiant and gesso was applied initially.  
I then took the 'Best Day Ever' wood veneer from the Shine collection and applied white gesso on it.  I decided to use it as my title and in order to make it stand out, I decided to do a very time consuming task of applying individual colored sequins to outline each letter of the word.  I used Glossy Accents as my glue and had to let it dry over night.  That part was a lot of time because the sequins moved around constantly while it was wet.  I do not know if using hot glue would have been better because I was leery about melting the sequins.  Overall, I love the bold element it provides for the layout and it was well worth it.  

The diamond wood veneer was also from the collection and I applied black ink on it to make it pop. The photo was layered with Brilliant and Dazzle from the Shine collection and Showroom from the Memorandum collection.  I added some tangled navy thread around a flair button in my stash along with a few random embellishments in my collection.  

Thank you,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment