Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Amazingly Beautiful


The August Clique Kit has been so fun to work with this month.  This has been my favorite kit because of the colors in this collection.   The kit is a mix of Pink Paislee's Citrus Bliss and Crate Paper Poolside collections.  These are both the summer collections for each company.  The picture is of my beautiful mother and her new adopted Havanese dog, Oliver.  She absolutely loves him and its only been 2 months.  The color of her shirt went so well with the patterned papers in this collection. 
I started with white modeling paste and Carolina blue acrylic paint from Apple Barrel.  The stencil is a 6x6 Crafters Workshop one called Flower Frenzy.  The color was a great match to my mom's shirt in the picture.  I wanted to add the additional color to three locations along the edge.  The added the "Squeezed" patterned paper from Pink Paislee to add the bright yellow to the layout. 

The Citrus Bliss die cuts are added around the picture along with the gold acetate frame from the poolside collection.  I had the dolly in my collection and I painted the same blue I added to the modeling paste.  The gold detail were also added with some thread tucked undere the photo and the it was matted on gold vellum.  The flair is exclusive to Clique Kits and it went well with this layout. 
These gorgeous gold foil letters are called Bliss from American Crafts.  There is a little bit of hidden journaling on a tag that I edged with Little B washi tape for more gold details to the page.  This layout turned out absolutely amazing.  I've put this August kit to fantastic use.  I have a corresponding process video for your viewing pleasure.  The video is provided below or please visit my YouTube channel at "Life with Evi".
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment