Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Twinsies

OMG, everyone!! My best friend since middle school just had her first child and she had twins.  You cannot imagine the level of shock and excitement I felt when she first told me her great news.  I have known her and her husband for years and they were just as excited.  During my trip to NYC to see my family I had to swing through and see her too.  I spent most of the day with her and her two little boys.  They were just absolutely adorable and I had to scrap my visit.  I have utilized the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection for this layout.  I started out with using Hello Love patterned paper for the background and started layering Bear Hug and other patterned papers along the top and bottom.  
I added white acrylic paint to tone down some of the colors of the paper boarders I was adding.  I then added yellow watercolors to add more of that color to the page to enhance the background keeping it along these layered papers and I added grey to exaggerate the shadows among the layers.  It was all done very subtlety.  
I used my Cuttle bug and the Little B Monogram letter dies to cut out the word "Twinsies" for part of my title.  I used paper from the same collection in the 6x6 pad. It was the polka dot patterned paper and it was disappearing into the background so I outlines the letters with a black Sharpie pen to have them stand out again.  
I added dies from the collection to this layout.  I had the arrow and heart wood veneers in my stash and used my yellow gelatos from Faber Castell to color them, again to add more yellow to the page.  This was a softer layout for me to do compared to my other work, but I loved it for the moment it captured with these two tiny babies.  I linked the process video below for your viewing pleasure.  Thank you for stopping by.  
Supplies Used

0 comments:

Post a Comment