Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Sisters Forever

Hello lovely ladies, I am simply loving the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection.  I am using it to scrap all my pictures of my recent trip to NY to see my sister and brothers.  I conquered NY on this weekend and managed to do a little bit of everything.  For this layout I am starting off with Blossoms patterned paper with the same warm magenta red color I loved in the last layout.  In order to enhance this color, I mixed Artist Loft acrylic paint from Michaels with modeling paste and used my Prima Marketing Fading Floral stencil.  To add a little contrast to the floral I grabbed this chevron stencil from my stash with the same magenta modeling paste. 
I also added teal green water colors around the area where I knew the photos would go.  The teal and magenta are just two beautiful colors together.  I matted both photos with the Documentary 6x6 paper pad.  I was able to utilize more of the patterned paper with my  Cuttlebug die machine.  I used my Little B Monogram die letters to cut out sisters in a variety of papers.  They are outlined with a Sharpie pen.  
The ephemera and stickers used are also from the Dear Lizzy collection.  I have gold glitter paper in my stash and used my heart punch to add a hint of gold to the layout.  The "forever" phrase thicker is also from the collection.  
These two cute sunglasses are in her die cut pack and they reminded of me and my sister.  She actually has a nerdy pair of glasses like these that she wears for distance and I am the girl to wear some heart shaped sun glasses anytime, anywhere.  So they were perfect to add to the corner of this picture.  I've grown to love the addition of thread to a layout,  it adds a "messy" quality that I like.  The mixed media is a messy quality sometimes, and so is adding the thread.  I think its a nice touch.  I have linked the process video down below for your viewing pleasure.  Thank you for stopping by. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment