Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Love Today

Hello all of my lovely ladies and gentlemen who visit my blog.  My sincerest apologies, I seem to be a little behind on my blog compared to my YT channel.  There is no excuse other than "life got a bit busy".   So I will get all caught up on my blog post for all my beautiful layouts that have gone up on my channel so you can see all the detailed photos.  So I have been working with the lovely Dear Lizzy Documentary Collection that I recently hauled.  I cannot stress enough how much I love this collection and sadly I have used it all up at this point.  I made a total of 6 or 7 layouts with the supplies I purchased and I am tempted to re purchase it, I love it that much.  I love Dear Lizzy, Heidi Swapp and Maggie Holmes Collections the most.  The picture is of my sister, my mom and I in NYC after we saw a broadway play.  I was just up there for a long weekend at the end of August.  I have used this collection to scrap all my NY pictures.  I started off with one of the beautiful florals patterened papers in the collection.  This bold one is called Fancy Free.  Now, it is bold and I wanted to tone it down a bit, so i added long sections of paper, the teal is the back side of Fancy Free, then a cut from Happy Happy, and then a branding stripe.  Following that step, since I knew I wanted to add mixed media to my layout.  I added white gesso to the center in a circular manner around the center of the page.  
 Once the Gesso was dried, I could have my fun with the mixed media.  I started with Dylusion Ink in vibrant turquoise and the "packaging" technique.  I also use my inexpensive watercolor set to add colorful splatters around the area as well.  
 Confession, I did swap out for a different photo.  I had a colored version of this photo but I thoughts it was competing with the colorful background, so I reprinted it to black and white and that was the right choice.  I layered patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad and also used a few of the stickers from the collection as well as layers. 
 The florals on the pages were made using the 6x6 paper pad and my Maggie Holmes dies from the Confetti Collection.  I love this floral dies.  They are beautiful and I made the topper with gold glitter paper for my gold element on the page.  I simply love what they added to the page.  
The other dies on the page are from the ephemera pack for the collection,  I thought the pretzel was suiting since it was a picture from my trip to NY to see my sister.  We were in NYC at the time where they do sell pretzels at the street corners.  Loved that little touch.  Of course no layout is complete without some ink splatters.  I added some gold foiled wash tape from Little B on the top and bottom of the left side of the page as well.  I have a process video for this layout on my channel: Life with Evi.  

Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment