Wild Heart// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


Hey scrapping ladies!  Its been a joy to be featuring Spiegelmom Scraps beautiful sequin collections. Sequins just add a touch of bling to all layouts.  For this layout I used a cut file from Paige Evans called Simple Flower background from the Silhouette Design store and did some mixed media on it.  I used the Freezin Season sequin pack as well.  


With the die cut still adhered to the cutting mat, I applied a thin layer of gesso and then a variety of spray mists from my stash.  I used Heidi Swapp Color Shines in Hot Pink, Pink, Salmon, Blush, Peach, Coral and Butter.  I started out with the pinks on the bottom, transition to the corals/ oranges and then to the yellow.  These three colors together are always my favorite.  


The negative space of this die cut is also useable with all my color work on it.  You may see it on a future layout.  I played around with placement for awhile, scattered, vertical column, horizontal, circle around the photo...?  I could not decide at first.


I decided with a diagonal arrangement on a black and white striped background for some amazing contrast.  


I started adhering my first layer down and then saved a few to use with some pop dots for dimension. I love adding dimension to my layouts lately.  


I am scraping a photo of two girl friends and me at Valentina's first birthday party with our Frida headbands.  It was just a colorful party.


The chipboard pieces are from an old Dear Lizzy collection and my title is from Paige Evans.  


Once everything was finalized my last step is adding in all my sequins to the centers of all the flowers and then more for added bling.  I love color matching my sequins usually to the area it is in.  Gold color shine splatters finish off my layout and a few tiny word stickers.  It is a fun fresh colorful layout and I hope you found some inspiration with me.  Till next layout, keep scrapping!





0 comments:

Post a Comment