Documented// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


Hello Crafty Mavens!  I am on Art Party Friday this week and have a fun pinky layout for you.  I started off with applying a sheet of text paper from an actual book I picked up at the Dollar Tree.  I purchased the book purely to rip out pages like this and use for the text background.  I adhered it with gel medium from Dina Wakely.  I then used heavy gloss gel through a Heidi Swapp word stencil.  While the gel was still wet, I applied three tones of pink glitter over the text paper.  The rest of left alone to dry clear.  Once if was dried, I did a pink watercolor wash.


I then applied my favorite liquid acrylic paints from Daler and Rowney in Waterfall green in big splatters and used a paint brush to give more of a paint stroke look.  I used some ribbons from my stash to add a bit of interest behind my layers.  The ephemera is from a recent workshop I took on Wilna Furtsenberg's blog and the cut files were a bonus.  The flowers are from Prima, that I recently picked up on Blitsy.

I added a few enamel dots of the centers of the flowers.  The title is from a Thickers collection called Story.  The photo I am scrapping is of me and my new/first DSLR camera and it was matted on more text paper.  I have had this camera a month and I cannot get over how incredible the photo quality is.  I love this camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment