Evi Goes to the Scrapbook Expo in Orlando



It is time for the annual Scrapbook Expo.  The Expo visits Orlando, amoung many cities in the USA, which is a 2.5 hour drive north for me here near West Palm Beach.  Last year was my first attendance and I definitely wanted to go again.  The Expo offers a large variety of workshops in all area of paper crafts from 12x12 layouts, card making, mini albums and canvases.  There is a large weekend Crop going on simulataneously as the expo in an adjacent room which is always impressive to view.  There is also an option to volunteer and work different stations for $10 an hour.  The spots to volunteer fill up quick, but last year I was able to work about 10 hours in two days and this was my budget on the expo.

I spent my money on all the guilty free dollar bins and 20 cents paper bins and a large amounts of stamps.  These supplies I have barely used, despite the good deals.  It was more about quantity rather than quality.  I really did not know my style of scrapbooking and did not realize I would fall in love with mixed media on my layouts so much.

There were 40 vendors at the expo, all with tons of products to showcase.  Demonstrations were given by product educators by many exhibitors, and I took advantage of all of these.  I purchased many items based on how I liked the demonstrations.  This is an expo packed with stamps and dies, a card makers dream.  There were plenty stops along your way for pretty patterned paper.  A scrapbookers dream.

This year, I was better at now wasting time or money on things that do not appeal to me despite the enticing prices.  I found a booth with current Dear Lizzy and Amy Tan collection that are currently sold out online.  I fell in love with Sparkle N Sprinkle booth with all their gorgeous glitters.  My favorite technique involved glitter, so I purchased some really unique ones along with brush-able glue and dimensional glue.  Enamel dots are also become a favorite detail to my layouts and now I bought the new Nuvo drops.  I can now make my own enamel dots at home.  My love for mixed media runs deep, so a new vendor I came across was Art Anthology.  I purchased two huge stamps for some mix media along with their heavy body shimmer and glitter based paints in a few pink tones.  Cannot wait to play with these later.
To finish off my visit, I did purchase the awesome Scrapbook Expo Junkie T-shirt to commemorate this year's adventure.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment