This Happened// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


Hello lovely ladies!! This layout came to me after being heavily inspired by Wilna Furstenberg.  She is a fellow established scrapbooker and YouTuber.  She has a very simplistic classic way of scrapbooking and I was power watching some of her older posts and created this layout for you today.  I started out with American Crafts white card stock and adhered this black and white painterly striped patterned paper from the Hello Love collection from Crate Paper.  I forgot to gesso my page before I added the purple paint.  I would recommend gesso on the page before adding any wet medium.  Do as I say, not as I do.

I added the splatters with the same paint used for the painterly strokes.  I let the purple paint dry over night and weighted it flat.  I rotated the layout all four ways until I decided to have the striped paper towards the bottom.  I am scrapping  fun photo of my sister and I on her last visit to Florida.  I purchased the crazy colorful pajamas for the funny photo moments it provides.


The three ribbons layers onto the layout are from my stash.  One is lavender, a sheer pink and a bold magenta ribbon were adhered with hot glue.  The white flourish was done on my Cameo on the same white card stock, and once again adhered with hot glue over the ribbons.
The white phrase thicker are from an old Amy Tangerine collection in my stash and it worked perfectly on this layout.  I mounted the layout on a black and white text paper from Fancy Pants and added a few little embellishments from my stash.  I have a process video on my channel if you would like to see it come together.


0 comments:

Post a Comment