I Love You// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


Hello crafty ladies!  I recently spent the weekend with  my mom.  She drove over to my coast from the opposite coast of Florida.  We had tickets to see Kinky Boots at the Broward Performance Center in Fort Lauderdale.  So what happens when a mother and daughter get together....talking, more talking, selfies, selfies with my doggies, talking, eating, shopping and more talking.  So I have tons of photos to scrap for the next week or two.

For this layout, I started out with white American Crafts card stock and layered the other half of the patterned paper You and Me from the Hello Love collection.  I used the other half of this sheet on my Wilna inspired layout earlier this week.  I primed my page with gesso to prep for some mixed media.

I then took out my Cuddle Bug and my Maggie Holmes flower dies from the Confetti Collection.  I love these dies.  They make the perfect flat flower.  I keep all my scraps but I thumbed through them to find all my Maggie Holmes Shine collection scraps for this layout to have some cohesiveness.  I used Carefree and Memento for the flowers and Charming and Brilliant for the leaves for the flowers.

Before I could adhere the flowers down with hot glue, I need to add my flare with some mix media.   I picked out three Neocolor II water soluble crayons in,  , and    .  I used a water brush to have it bleed the color onto the page.  I stayed along the diagonal of the patterned paper and only there.  I then added neon green liquid acrylic paint splatters with a fan brush from Daler and Rowney in Genesis Green.  I liked the contrast of the green against the pink wash of color.  I could have stopped there.  I could have.  But, I did not.

I then took my mini heart stencil from my stash and Heidi Swapp metallic paste in gold and pink added it randomly around this mix media.  All these added details simply add my interest to the page as you look at it.  And lets not forget my signiture black india ink splatters as well to finish off the layout.  I did not want to add journalling on this page, as I felt the title "I love you" spoke millions on the person in the photo with me and my dogs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment