Sparkle// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


Its the most wonderful time of the year.  I simply love the holiday season because my sister always comes for a visit and family time is priceless.  This holiday season we managed to surprise my mom with Lianna's visit.  Best gift we could have arranged.  Winter times also means Starbucks famous red cups.  This year I saved 3 of them in hopes of creating a layout with them.  I even kept the Starbucks logo and my drink order sticker on the circles.


I used 3 different sized circle punches, 2", 1.5" and a 1".  I loved all the doodle marks and illustration on this years cups.  I made sure to keep a lot of the drawing visible.


I gessoed the middle section and used my mint green colored mist in my collection, Mad Hatter Mint from Lindy Stamp gang, Cracked Pistachio from Distress Stains and Mint Color Shine.  I even added some splatter marks.



To have a bit more contrast I used some black and white patterned circles from my scraps.  I tucked them behind some of the red and I pulled more mint green colors as well.  Since there was color with all my embellishments I printed my lovely photos of my sister and I kissing my mom is black and white.  I did some light journaling below my photo to complete my layout.  Process video linked below.


0 comments:

Post a Comment