Hello scrappy friends!  I am on the Crafty Maven Getaway for Mix it up Monday.  Today's project encourages us to think outside the box when it comes to our paper crafts.  Our inspiration board has gorgeous corals, navies, and neutrals.  I did originally start with all the corals, and then I quickly added more and more colors I love.  
I started off with Strathmore, 140 pound Mixed Media paper.  I used Dina Wakley Gel Medium in order to smoothly apply Tim Holtz tissue paper called Malange.  The gel medium from Dina Wakley is the best to get tissue paper down the smoothest.  I then started with the acrylic paints.  I began with Watermelon, Sunkissed Coral, Coral, Eraser Pink and Crimson Red and then I started adding in more colors that I like in the blue and mint family.  I did not want to add the dark navies because I knew I was going to add my text in black and it would not have stood out on navy.  I finished it with some gold Color Shine from Heidi Swapp.
The word Love was added with a round paint brush and the print was done with a Zig Vellum writer.  The frame, I was lucky enough to find at Goodwill for $3.  I have every intention of hanging this in my craft room on my gallery art wall.  It will fit in just nicely.   Here is my process video for this fun DIY project.  
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment