This Happened// Mix Media Scrapbook Layout


Hello lovely ladies!  I was very inspired by the lovely Wilna Furtenberg for this layout.  I was power watching a few of her YT videos and love the simplicity on how she adds color with watercolor washes.  Now of course I need more than just a wash of color, so true to form, I went all out with bold color.  Purple in fact.  I printed this fun picture of me and my sister in funky PJs I purchased for us to have "Twinsies" photos.  I printed it in color to grasp the crazy colors that were in them.  However, I realized this purple fuscia pink color does not exists in my stash, hence opting to create my own background.  

The striped paper is from the Hello Love collection from Crate Paper and I cut in an odd angle with a craft knife and a self healing mat.  I simply used roller adhesive and did not prime my page with gesso when I took out my paints.  I had a moment where I thought I was not going to add to much paint so I would not need gesso.  Ha!  I nearly covered the entire page with paint.  Note to self: always just use gesso Evi!!!.  Adding some purple paint splatters in the corners to bring the color to the edges.  I then did a few area of detail white hash marks on top of the purple for added interest to the page.  Very Wilna...

In keeping with the Wilna vibe, I cut a floral flourish on my Silhoutte Cameo on white card stock from American Crafts.  A few little embellishments from my stash.  I even took out three spools of ribbon in a lavender, light pink and a magenta and layers them first under the flourish.  I think they added a soft element to the layout.  I adhered the ribbon with hot glue.  The title "this happened" is from an Amy Tangerine collection and I loved that they were white and able to pop off the background.  

I matted my layout on a black and white text paper from the Happy Place from Fancy Pants.  It added some added interest the boarder and before I adhered it I added a few strips of black and white striped washi tape to the edges too.  Wanted to pull more of the B&W color to the top.  
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment