Always Cute/ Mix Media Scrapbook Layout

Hello friends!  I have a bright, bold and colorful layout again.  What can I say, its my Jam.  My milk to my cookies, the butter on my bread... you get the idea.  Its just apart of me to gravitate towards color.  I made the random circle punched cut file with my Silhouette Cameo.  I wanted it to look like bubbles and made the circles different sizes.  I then played around with different patterned papers that could show through the openings and loved the way this paper from the Better Together collection from Amy Tangerine called Milk & Honey.  
I then prepped the page with white gesso and started appling a thick layer of gelato to circle area.  Once it was generously covered, I misted the whole area to have the color move and tilted the page to create these wonderful drip marks.  
Once they were adhered together, I could start the embellishment process.  I printed my photo in black and white to not compete with the background.  Most of the ephemera are from older collections from Amy Tangerine and some Heidi Swapp was also thrown in from my stash.  
A few ink splatters were also added and that finished off my layout.  I do think I would have put the embellishments next time in the middle aspect as to not cover up the awesome drip marks.  It simply gives me reason to try this technique again.  Here is my process video for this layout.  

Thank you,
Evi


0 comments:

Post a Comment