XOXO// Folded Hexagons


Hey scrappy friends!! I am simply in love with the result of this layout.  I was inspired by the lovely Paige Evans for this layout and it came out wonderful.  The dimension and details throughout the layout allow your eyes to travel around this layout at all the elements.  


I started out with paper number 5 from the Whimsical collection.  It has these gorgeous hexagons repeating throughout the paper in all different colors and patterns.  The opposite side of the paper is a simple white with colorful thin stripes.  As I fussy cut all the hexagons our I would fold in two adjacent side to create a point.  I repeated this step for the entire 12x12 paper and then began to arrange on white American Crafts card stock.


Six of these folded hexagons created a larger hexagon all together.  I loved this serendipitous outcome.  So I made two complete hexagons and made 4 half clusters to complete the layout I was pleased with.  


To keep the layout cohesive I cut my two black and white photos into hexagons and matted them with similar color papers in my stash.   I then added texture with white modeling paste through a honey comb stencil from Echo Park.  


For the last added details are hexagon sequin from Spiegelmom Scraps called Hexa Glam.  These went perfectly as the finishing touches to this layout and I simply love how it turned out.  Below is my process video.  Thank you for joining me.





0 comments:

Post a Comment