Sweet Girl// Stamping & Fussy Cutting


Hello Ladies! I just absolutely love the way this layout turned out.  This layout was a labor of love.  It required patience because I fussy cut out every single flower.  But the end result was well worth the effort.  I love that I can take the time to do layouts like this from time to time.  


I began stamping three different flower images from the same stamp set from Hero Arts that I recently picked up from Tuesday Morning.   I used a patterned paper that was a wash of purples, pinks, corals with a few areas of blue from an older Pink Paislee collection, Summer Lights.  I used the entire 12x12 sheet of paper.  


Once they were all cut out I started arranging them along the sides, in a diagonal, bunched around the photo and thats when I pushed them slightly outward from the photo and created a ring/ wreath with all of them.  Thats where I fell in love with the arrangement.  I also then thought about cutting my 4x6 photo into a circle as well.  It worked perfectly.


For added interest to the corners of my layout I used a stencil from The Crafters Workshop called Doodle Bloom with a heavy gel with glitter in it from Shimmerz. I had to let this dry for awhile before continuing on.  


My last details were adding enamel dots and sequins in the centers of the flowers for more interest to the circle of flowers.  I color coordinated the colors as best I could.  


Here is my process video linked below so you can see it all come together.


0 comments:

Post a Comment