Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: He did good


The Wildflower collection from We r Memory Keepers was featured in the November Clique Kit.  I was inspired by one of their design team members layout by @abcdeli.  She did a similar layout cutting out these gorgeous butterflies from a patterned paper in the collection.  Of course I added my mix media twist to the layout and used Texture paste from Ranger with the "Weaving" stencil from Prima marketing. 

 I went in with Heidi Swapp color shine in Gold and a few colors from my Artisti Loft 36 color palette.  The Texture paste from Ranger absorbed some of the color I used in the background, the stenciling does not stay white.  I love the worn look of the background.  
 I then fuzzy cut out the butterflies from "Butterfly Garden" patterned paper from the collection.  The gorgeous colors of emerald, merlot, indigo blue and the golds make this layout stand out. The picture I am scrapping is from my Engagement weekend in Las Vegas.  I did a selfie with my new ring in frame.  I love my engagement ring, hence the title "He did good" using the gold Desktop collection from Dear Lizzy.  
The flair button used is exclusive to the Clique Kits and the colors worked well for this layout.  I added coral and teal thread around it for it to pop.  I layers other patterned  papers from the collection behind the photo.  Finished it off with some black ink splatters and light journalling.  Here is my process video for this layout.  Please take a moment and watch.  
EVI




0 comments:

Post a Comment