Silliness/ The Cut Shoppe


Hello everyone, I have a fun bright layout using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  Its my first time playing with cut files with my new Silhoute Cameo I purchased over the holidays.  The Cut Shoppe has tons and tons of files to choose from for purchase.  I choose three files and this is the first one I am playing with.  It is called Preppy Plaid on her Etsy webpage.  I cut it out on American Crafts textured white card stock.  I used a combination of Delusion Ink Sprays from Ranger in Bubblegum Pink, Funky Fuscia, Post box Red and Sunshine. The colors blended together beautifully and I set it aside to dry before I touched it again.   

 I am scrappy three silly selfie pictures that I would normally have deleted but I thought it would be silly to do a fun layout with them.  Hence the titled worked out perfectly with these watercolor paper words from Heidi Swapp.  I used Staz-on black in to color it in.  


 I have used a collection of ephemera from my stash that I just wanted to finally use.  Like this infamous Giraffe from the 'Confetti' collection by Maggie Holmes, or the goregous bright flowers from the 'Fiesta' collection from KaiserKrafts, and the gold foil ice cream cone from Crate papers 'Poolside' collection.  All of theses have been sitting in my stash waiting to be used.  A few pieces from Heidi Swapp 'My favorite things' collection and I cannot remember where I got the flair from.  
I finished off my layout with a lovely quote that read "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself."  I think this quote worked perfectly for a layout using silly photos of myself that I am totally comfortable using because its just true me.  I have provided my process video on how this layout came together.  Please take a moment to watch. 

Thank you for stopping by,
EVI 

0 comments:

Post a Comment