My Happy Place: Clique Kit

Hello lovely ladies.  For today's layout I am using my January Clique Kit which features Fancy Pants' Happy Place collection.  The collection is versatile with its soft pastel color palette and images.  The photo I am scrapping is actually of my 'happy place' which is my craft room.  This room is my pride and joy and spend as much time as I can in here creating.  My fiancé let me get rid of the guest bedroom set we originally had in here for a office area.  I've had this space now over 6 months and its great.  

The background paper used is All Positive and used Dina Wakley gel medium to attach the multiple tags you see softly in the background.  Once they were dried I used white gesso to prime my page for some mixed media.  I used the packaging technique to apply Color Shince mists in peach, coral and butter.  I love the look of those three colors together.  Then I mixed mint acrylic paint into some modeling paste and used a Heidi Swapp Stencil with the 'plus' signs or added color to the background.  I think my layout became a bit busy with this part.  

The emphemra layered around the photo are all from the same collection and came with the kit.  I used 3 wood veneers from the Type Set collection by Basic Grey.  I colored the light bulb in Distress Paint Cracked Pistachio, the scissors in HS Color Shine in Butter, and the Happy in HS Color Shine in Coral.  I set those aside to dry while I worked on the rest.  
 I added strips of Here and Now patterned paper as book ends to my layout.  I also used this paper to tight mat my photo. The red alphas are from Studio Calico Red Christmas Alphas for my title.  I added some light journaling to the page and that finished it off.   I have my process video to see how this layout came together. 

Thank you for stopping by,
EVI






0 comments:

Post a Comment